What is Solar Power and How Does It Work?
Thousands of Americans have chosen solar energy to power their homes. It is a secure investment, which helps both – the environment and the user’s wallet.
- If you’re planning to join the massive community of happy users, then there’s no better time than now - going solar has never been easier!
- It is definitely a step forward in the right direction, which brings you closer to lower electricity costs, clean renewable energy and an absolute independence from the ever-changing utility rates.
- Solar energy is proved to be the cleanest, most abundant renewable energy source there is. Harnessed by the sun, the system employs devices that turn the natural light and heat to another form of energy we use. It produces cost-efficient energy, directly to your home!
- When sunlight hits certain materials, the energy turns into an electrical current, which we then harness for power. The electrical generation relies on heat engines (heating and cooling water and air), photovoltaics, or PV, which converts light to electricity. To harvest solar energy, the most common way is using solar panels.
- Installing solar panels would also increase the value of your home while decreasing the carbon footprint on earth. Solar energy will never run out and you’ll be free to use it for many years to come!